Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Morning Cartoon: I Am Weasel


I Am Weasel (also spelled I.M. Weasel after the character) is an American animated television series produced by Cartoon Network Studios in co-production with Hanna-Barbera, created by animator David Feiss and broadcast on the Cartoon Network. The series chronicles the adventures of I.M. Weasel, an internationally famous, highly intelligent and talented weasel who is adored by everyone, and I.R. Baboon, an ugly and idiotic baboon who is envious about Weasel's sucess and constantly tries to be better than him. The show's premise begins from a humorous take on the classic nursery rhyme "Pop Goes the Weasel"; in fact, the series' theme song, composed by Bill Fulton[1] and sung by April March, is based on the well-known musical version of the rhyme.[5]

I Am Weasel was originally a part of the Cow and Chicken show, often airing as the third of three segments in an episode, after two Cow and Chicken segments. Eventually, I Am Weasel was spun off into its own series, aired between 1997 and 1999 with reruns airing until 2004, with both new episodes and the episodes that had aired on Cow and Chicken included in this series, totaling 79 episodes.

more on wikipedia: [link]

No comments:

Post a Comment